Engineer Isaac Clarke is sent to repair the Ishimura's communications array, but he arrives to find a living nightmare — the ship is a floating bloodbath, the crew unspeakably mutilated and infected by an ancient alien scourge. Clarke's repair mission becomes one of survival as he fights not just to save himself, but to return the artifact to the planet … at any cost.
• Strategic dismemberment — Shear off limbs with powerful weapons as you carve a bloody path through the alien hordes. Find ways to neutralize attacking enemies effectively or they'll keep coming at you. When ammo runs low, use telekinesis to pick up objects - even the enemies' own arms and legs! - and fire them at anything that stands in your way.
• Terror in the far reaches of space — A blood-curdling interactive horror experience features state-of-the art graphics and effects, a panic-inducing audio system, and a truly frightening atmosphere of death and despair.
• Real Zero G—Battle relentless enemies and crack challenging puzzles in unprecedented zero-gravity environments that reinvent survival horror.
• Uncover the horrific truth—Cut through the harrowing mystery to stop the alien onslaught. Discover the tragic story of the Ishimura's downfall through the final, frantic logs of the ship's hideously transformed crew.
- Electronic Arts
- Release date
- Dead Space™
- VISCERAL GAMES
• 2.8 GHz processor or equivalent
• 1 GB RAM (XP), 2 GB RAM (Vista)
• NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better (7300, 7600 GS, and 8500 are below minimum system requirements)
• ATI X1600 Pro or better (X1300, X1300 Pro and HD2400 are below minimum system requirements)
• 256MB Video Card and Shader Model 3.0 required • The latest version of DirectX 9.0c
• At least 7.5GB of hard drive space for installation, plus additional space for saved games.
NOTE: INTERNET CONNECTION, ONLINE AUTHENTICATION, AND END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY. MORE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE AT WWW.EA.COM.
Integrated Chipsets may experience issues.
Please note that attempting to play the game using video hardware that isn’t listed above may result in reduced performance, graphical issues or cause the game to not run at all.
When you run Dead Space for the first time, the game will automatically select the most appropriate options for your graphics card, CPU, and audio card. To improve performance, use the Visuals tab on the Options menu to lower settings to "Medium" or "Low".
You can also improve the performance of Dead Space by lowering the resolution the game runs at, to 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600.
Dead Space is a real-time 3D game that requires a certain amount of your computer's processing power. Other programs operating in the background can slow it down. For best results, be sure to close any background applications while playing Dead Space.
INTERNET CONNECTION, ONLINE AUTHENTICATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY. THIS PRODUCT INCLUDES SECUROM COPY PROTECTION TECHNOLOGY FROM SONY DADC. FOR MORE INFORMATION, INCLUDING HOW TO UNINSTALL SECUROM, VISIT WWW.SECUROM.COM.