Need for Speed™ SHIFT
With nearly 70 cars officially licensed from their manufacturers, Need for Speed: Shift has the racing vehicle for you. Download them to your computer now, and then get to work tricking them out. The customization features let you pop the hood, supe up the engine, change colors, and add unique details.
But the cars are just the beginning. Racing action takes place on one of 19 tracks, each one true to the last bit of asphalt. The physics are brutal and unforgiving, and the onscreen action reflects the damage you take on as you progress. Your opponents don’t give an inch, and neither does the track. Bring your A-game or go home, because nothing else will do out here.
The more you win, the more your driver’s profile reflects your unique skills. Need for Speed: Shift shows your trophies and accomplishments, as well as the on-track personality created by your driving. Go online and compete against friends, or share your profile. Unlock new races with your victories, and earn money for upgrades and other additions to your vehicles. The 3D viewing experience matches the driver’s perspective for a real-life experience. Hit the gas and hang on: the Need for Speed: Shift download brings world-class racing right to your screen.
• True Driver’s Experience – A variety of visual cues delivers the true driver’s experience including a three-dimensional HUD that mimics driver head movement, inertia and G-forces. The depth of field also adjusts based on the speed of the car; so when the car is traveling at high speeds the perspective will shift to the distance putting the car/cockpit out of focus.
• Driver Profile – What kind of driver are you? Driver profile tracks the player’s evolution as a race driver from event to event. This system is made up of a driver’s personality on the track, their success rate and any profile points and badges accrued all of which work together to create a tailor-made career and game play experience. Driver profile is pervasive throughout all modes: career and online.
• Dynamic Crash Effect – When the player hits a static object or opponent car, the player will feel like they are “taking damage.” A combination of visual and audio effects will leave the player disoriented and briefly disrupt the race.
• Total Customization – Need for Speed: Shift features a comprehensive customization option that lets the player tailor every aspect of the cars performance and styling. Go under the hood to upgrade and tune your vehicle to increase its performance. The visual customization system allows players to personalize both the exterior and trick out the interior to reflect their individual style and preferences.
• Photo-Realistic Cars And Tracks – Nearly 70 licensed cars are available including the Pagani Zonda F, Audi RS4, and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR. There are also over 15 real-world locations like Willow Springs and Laguna Seca as well as fictional circuits like downtown London and Tokyo.
- Electronic Arts
- SLIGHTLY MAD STUDIOS
*Supported Video Cards: ATI Radeon X1800 or greater; NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.
INTERNET CONNECTION, ONLINE AUTHENTICATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY. ACCESS TO ONLINE FEATURES AND/OR SERVICES REQUIRES AN ORIGIN ACCOUNT AND REGISTRATION WITH THE ENCLOSED SERIAL CODE. REGISTRATION FOR ONLINE FEATURES IS LIMITED TO ONE ORIGIN ACCOUNT PER SERIAL CODE AND IS NON-TRANSFERABLE. INCLUDES SOFTWARE THAT COLLECTS DATA ONLINE NECESSARY TO PROVIDE INGAME ADVERTISING. ORIGIN ONLINE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAN BE FOUND AT www.ea.com. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER FOR AN ORIGIN ACCOUNT. EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON www.ea.com. THIS GAME USES SECUROM DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY BY SONY DADC AUSTRIA AG. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT http://faq.securom.com/.