Need for Speed™ SHIFT
In real-world racing, you feel the adrenaline as you speed past your competition, and sense the crunch as your car scrapes against the wall. You can see the damage when you swap paint with another racer, and feel the thrill in your spine as you push the limits of your vehicle. Need for Speed: Shift brings all of those elements together, turning your Xbox 360 into the ultimate racing simulation.
19 different tracks challenge your every skill: 15 pulled from real-world racing sites accurate down to the last divot in the fence, four fulfilling the dream racetracks of countless drivers who’ve always wanted to race through downtown London or Tokyo. Choose from more than 60 cars based on real models — anything from the Lamborghini Gallardo to the Audi RS 4 — and trick them out using comprehensive customization tools.
When you hit the track, be ready for anything. The Xbox visuals and controls make you feel every bump and scrape; as your car takes damage, you’ll sense it in its performance. Watch it all from the most accurate viewing angle ever devised, as you test your skills against the smartest AI in gaming. If you want it any more real, you’ll need to get behind the wheel yourself. Need for Speed: Shift doesn’t miss a single pixel.
• True Driver’s Experience – A variety of visual cues delivers the true driver’s experience including a three-dimensional HUD that mimics driver head movement, inertia and G-forces. The depth of field also adjusts based on the speed of the car; so when the car is traveling at high speeds the perspective will shift to the distance putting the car/cockpit out of focus.
• Driver Profile – What kind of driver are you? Driver profile tracks the player’s evolution as a race driver from event to event. This system is made up of a driver’s personality on the track, their success rate and any profile points and badges accrued all of which work together to create a tailor-made career and game play experience. Driver profile is pervasive throughout all modes: career and online.
• Dynamic Crash Effect – When the player hits a static object or opponent car, the player will feel like they are “taking damage.” A combination of visual and audio effects will leave the player disoriented and briefly disrupt the race.
• Total Customization – Need for Speed: Shift features a comprehensive customization option that lets the player tailor every aspect of the cars performance and styling. Go under the hood to upgrade and tune your vehicle to increase its performance. The visual customization system allows players to personalize both the exterior and trick out the interior to reflect their individual style and preferences.
• Photo-Realistic Cars And Tracks – Nearly 70 licensed cars are available including the Pagani Zonda F, Audi RS4, and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR. There are also over 15 real-world locations like Willow Springs and Laguna Seca as well as fictional circuits like downtown London and Tokyo.
- Electronic Arts
- Need For Speed
- Slightly Mad Studios
REGISTRATION AND SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED TO ACCESS ONLINE FEATURES. ORIGIN ONLINE TERMS & CONDITIONS AND FEATURE UPDATES ARE FOUND AT www.ea.com. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER WITH ORIGIN ONLINE. INCLUDES SOFTWARE THAT COLLECTS DATA ONLINE NECESSARY TO PROVIDE INGAME ADVERTISING. EA MAY PROVIDE CERTAIN INCREMENTAL CONTENT AND/OR UPDATES FOR NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, IF AND WHEN AVAILABLE.
EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON www.ea.com.