Mass Effect™ 2
In 2008 BioWare captivated PC gamers with Mass Effect, taking them on a trip around the galaxy where everything they said or did created a unique thrill ride. A sequel was inevitable, and Mass Effect 2 has answered your PC’s desperate call via download. Shepard is murdered in a surprise attack in the opening, but not even death can keep this space hero down. Two years later our protagonist is revived by the mysterious Cerberus group and given a mission: stop The Collectors, the sinister group responsible for Shepard’s death.
Just like in the previous game, what you say to the other characters matters a great deal. Fortunately, the conversation system has been improved. The camera now pans around characters as they talk to one another to evoke a dramatic, cinematic feel. Also, Shepard can interrupt the conversation when given the appropriate prompt, taking situations into new directions that could help or hinder the mission.
Shepard is more customizable than ever, letting you create your ideal lead character — gender, facial features, class, and of course, attitude. Once you embark on missions, you’ll be treated to an improved battle system that lets you target weak points and blast off your enemy’s limbs with a variety of weapons.
Set out to lead your team to victory… or die at the hands of The Collectors. Either path is possible in BioWare’s smash hit, Mass Effect 2. Which destiny will you choose?
• The second act of BioWare’s epic sci-fi trilogy continues the story of Commander Shepard and humanity’s first steps onto the galactic stage
• Success – or failure – depends heavily on the crew you assemble and their loyalty to you and the mission
• Stunning graphics and a refined dialog system will draw you into the story like never before
• Numerous improvements to the intense, third-person shooter combat
• Deep character customization options let you create your own vision of Commander Shepard
- Action, Role Playing
- Electronic Arts
- Release Date
- January 26, 2010
- MASS EFFECT
- Windows XP or Vista
- Single core - Pentium 4 - 2.4 GHz or AMD
- Multicore Pentium - 2.0 GHz or AmD
- 1 GB RAM
- 18 GB free HD space
- 1x or better DVD-ROM drive
- NVIDIA GeForce 7 series (7600 or better) or 8 series (8600 or better)
- ATI X1600 XT or better (X1600 Pro and HD2400 are below minimum system requirements)
- Shader Model 3.0 required
- 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card and drivers. DirectX 9.0c November 2007 (Included)
INTERNET CONNECTION, ONLINE AUTHENTICATION, AND END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY.
ORIGIN ACCOUNT, REGISTRATION WITH ENCLOSED SERIAL CODE, INTERNET CONNECTION AND ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY AND TO ACCESS ONLINE FEATURES AND/OR SERVICES. ORIGIN ONLINE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAN BE FOUND AT www.ea.com. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER FOR AN ORIGIN ACCOUNT. EA MAY PROVIDE CERTAIN INCREMENTAL CONTENT AND/OR UPDATES FOR NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, IF AND WHEN AVAILABLE.
EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON www.ea.com.