Need for Speed™ The Run
The intense thrill-ride of the best-selling Need For Speed racing series shifts into a new gear on the Xbox 360 with Need for Speed: The Run. Developed by EA Black Box, Need for Speed: The Run is the first non-shooter game to be powered by the Frostbite 2 engine, used on the popular Battlefield series. You’ll experience unparalleled racing physics and visuals as you race cross-country from San Francisco to New York.
The illegal high-stakes race will have you putting the pedal to the metal in a wide variety of domestic and imported exotic cars. You’ll wind your way through some of the country’s most treacherous roads including narrow canyon paths, icy mountain passes and into some of the densest urban traffic found anywhere. But you are not just racing against the other competitors; you are racing against a host of law enforcement officials who are ready, willing, and able to do anything in their power to shut you and the other drivers down cold. Need for Speed: The Run is more than just another racing game. For the first time, there's action outside the car, and as Jack, a man with a dark past, you're one of many colorful characters who drive this story, Choose your vehicle and get ready for the race of your life with Need for Speed: The Run on the Xbox 360.
• From The Golden Gate To The Empire State – Compete in The Run, an illicit race across the most iconic and treacherous roads from San Francisco to New York. There are no rules and no allies in the cities, deserts, mountains and canyons that stand between you and the finish line.
• You Are Jack's Competitive Edge – Jack is in a race for his life, but he's got something the competition doesn't: You. Keep Jack one step ahead of the dangers from his dark past, both inside and outside the car. It's up to you to get Jack to New York in one piece and ahead of the competition.
• Beat Your Friends – Connect to Autolog. Compare your times against those that matter most. Compete to be the best. Autolog now tracks your entire career – making every second of every race count in the battle to be the fastest to New York.
• Racing Powered By Frostbite 2 – The powerful new Frostbite 2 engine, created by the award-winning DICE studio, advances technical achievements to deliver a gameplay experience with an unprecedented level of visual detail, environmental immersion, and emotional impact.
• Compete In High Octane Multi-Player Racing – The most accessible online racing experience ever offered. With matchmaking technology, join races already in progress instead of waiting in lobbies. Create a party with friends, pick a playlist of your favorite challenges and compete for supremacy across every stage of The Run. By mastering all of the playlists you can level up and earn access to exclusive vehicles, upgrades and abilities.
- Electronic Arts
- Need For Speed
- EA Black Box