Experience the fast-paced thrills of extreme snowboarding in SSX for the Xbox 360. The SSX franchise returns with heart-stopping drops, gravity-defying gameplay and a massive open world to explore. Race, Trick and Survive down real mountains like Everest, Kilimanjaro, Mont Blanc, and other iconic peaks from nine different ranges across the world, carefully reconstructed based on NASA topographical satellite data. Upgradeable gear — including various boards and wing suits — amp up your game while favorite characters — like Mac Fraser, Elise Riggs and Zoe Payne — return to the franchise.
Three distinct modes of gameplay deliver nonstop thrills: hit breakneck speeds as you tear down towering mountains without limits or barriers in Race It, execute jaw-dropping, reality-defying moves in Trick It and outrun avalanches and defeat other natural disasters in Survive It. In addition, three online features – Explore, Global Events and RiderNet – connect you with friends and other gamers: challenge your friends’ personal best ghost runs on your own schedule, compete against friends or the whole world in real-time, stay connected with and instantly join friends with SSX’s Autolog™ inspired recommendation engine, and much more.
Do you have what it takes to conquer the world's greatest mountains? Hit the slopes and find out in SSX for the Xbox 360.
• Race It – Way beyond your typical racing experience, SSX allows players to race down huge open mountains with multiple elevations and no invisible walls to hem the player in. Challenge a friend in Explore, or take on the whole world in a Global Event.
• Trick It – Defying the laws of reality, SSX will enable players to pull off tricks that would make even the world’s greatest snowboarders cringe. Forget a 1260° Double Mctwist, in SSX if you still have both feet strapped to the board while you’re spinning 200 feet in the air then you’re still a beginner. With a refined trick system and levels designed to deliver trick opportunities at every turn, filling your Tricky meter is a must.
• Survive It – A new gameplay element inspired by big mountain snowboarding, SSX asks players to survive some of the most treacherous descents on earth. Challenged by the power of Mother Nature, players will have to survive avalanches, white outs, freezing cold temperatures and much more, as they make their way down these natural boss battles.
REVOLUTIONIZING ONLINE SOCIAL PLAY:
• Explore – Explore every drop in the massive world of SSX. Set your fastest time on Race Drops, post your highest score in Trick Drops, and descend as far down the mountain as you can in Survival Drops. In addition to a traditional leaderboard showing friends’ times to beat, ghosts of your friends’ runs are also visible in your world showing you exactly how they tackled a run. Challenge your friends’ ghosts or let your own ghost chalk up wins and losses, while you’re away from your console.
• Global Events – Constant global competition at every drop point in the SSX universe against real people in real-time. Events can last for a single run, hours, or even days, with your friends and closest competitors phasing in and out of your immediate surroundings at all times. Post a time and move up or down the leaderboard even after you turn off your console.
• RiderNet – Inspired by the incredible Autolog engine from Need for Speed, RiderNet will be the players guide through the world of SSX. It will allow players to ‘like’ their favorite drops, recommend new drops and friends to the player, point players to ghosts that are beating their scores and much more.
• Conquer The Planet’s Mountains – From Antarctica to Africa and the Himalayas to the Alps, players will drop into nine of the most iconic mountains ranges and regions on planet earth. Using NASA topographical data and our proprietary Mountain Man tool, each of these iconic mountain ranges have then been exaggerated to deliver a gameplay experience that is true to SSX.
• Advanced Physics – Harnessing the power of the current generation of consoles, SSX introduces a revolutionary physics engine that will allow players to ride and trick off almost anything in the environment, unrestricted by invisible walls and barriers.
• Upgradeable Gear – From boards of varying speeds to wing suits that let you glide for longer distances, upgrade your gear to ride faster, trick higher and survive longer.• Characters Old And New – Favorite characters, as selected by the fans, make their return to SSX along with some new faces that will be joining the franchise. Characters include: Elise, Mac, Kaori, Psymon, Moby, Zoe, Griff, Ty, Tane and Alex.
- Racing, Sports
- EA Sports
- EA Canada
EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON www.ea.com/2/service-updates.