- When your product is available for preload, you will be able to download it ahead of the product release date. This will save you time when the game becomes available to unlock, unpack, and install.
- You will be charged for the game on the date of pre-load release, and your statements will reflect this.
- When you log into Origin, you should see your preload product ready for download
- Start to download the game files, unpack it and proceed to install the game.
- The game can only be played on the release date. If you launch the game prior to that, you you will receive a “release date check failed” message and will be asked to try again at a later time.
- Once the product is decrypted, the product will "unpack" the compressed file to the game installer folder. This can take another 15-30 minutes depending on computer processor speed.
- Once the product is unpacked, the customer will be able to "install" the game. Origin will show an "install" button. Clicking on the install button will start the game installer.
- Decrypting and Unpacking to start the game installer can take 30-60 minutes depending on the game file size and computer speed.
- Game manuals will only be available upon activation of the game.
- Pre-loading is not available for the Spore Galactic edition.
Still more questions? Back to Main Help Page